Hudson Valley Reef Keepers
August 18, 2017, 10:32:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our forums.

Home   Homepage Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Cultivated Reef
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 60g cube build.  (Read 2598 times)
roc5288
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (+7)
Tang

« on: September 09, 2013, 12:53:45 PM »

Hi guys. I've been some what dormant from here. Now I'm back with a new tank.
60g marineland RR.
24"x24"x24"
Eheim 1260 for return
Skims sm 121 Skimmer
2x Eheim heaters
Reefradiance led. Not yet received.
Custom sump from Jeff.  Manhattan reefs.
Custom built stand & canopy from none other than our very own tony t.
The canopy will be what I like to say is a floating canopy.  It will be suspended from my ceiling on cables.
Canopy is not yet installed waiting on cables.
Here are some pics.

white trash
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (+9)
Grouper

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 01:03:26 PM »

That's some nice work there by Tony.

This should be nice as it comes together, those are pretty good dimensions. Is it a center or corner overflow? I had a 25g by them and it was a center overflow that ate into valuable space. Well built tank though, I'd get one by them again without question.
roc5288
HVRK Member
Tang

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 01:43:01 PM »

corner overflow. I remember your 25g Matt. I also remember it was a p.i.t.a to work with the bulkhead on that tank.very narrow.
This is a nice dimension to work with. My wife did the Aquascape.
Forgot to mention i have one wp25 for water flow. gonna see how that works before getting another one.
Tony is the man.
Planning on a apex for this one also. Would like to find out if there is a long cable i can get to run a eb8 being this tank is just about 10' away from my other tank which has a apex already.
sponge
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (+1)
Angelfish

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 08:23:04 PM »

Very nice!   Are you planning on using the eb8 to control this tank on a separate controller ,or off the controller that runs the beautiful tank that has all those stunning corals. I like to run more one tank on a single controller,so I like to see how this turns out. I thought of using a computer to program multiple systems, I'm still in the learning stage for that.

Tony does do some nice work. That's a nice sump you had made. It's gonna be nice to see the corals you chose to put in it.
white trash
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (+9)
Grouper

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 08:03:15 AM »

Yup, the overflow on mine was just big enough to jam in the plumbing and never work on it, lol.

I think you'll like the wp25. I've using a 40 on my 120 and really like it. Only thing to keep in mind is to keep the housing clean, if it gets blocked there's a noticeable drop in performance.
nine9d
Trigger
Trade Count: (+6)
Moray Eel

Member of ASC. (Acro Snob Club!)

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 08:56:47 AM »

Looks pimpin'

I love the smell of fresh acro's! Really.
roc5288
HVRK Member
Tang

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 08:58:49 AM »

Very nice!�  Are you planning on using the eb8 to control this tank on a separate controller ,or off the controller that runs the beautiful tank that has all those stunning corals. I like to run more one tank on a single controller,so I like to see how this turns out. I thought of using a computer to program multiple systems, I'm still in the learning stage for that.

Tony does do some nice work. That's a nice sump you had made. It's gonna be nice to see the corals you chose to put in it.
Thanks Benny for your comment. What I plan to do is if I can is run the new tank with the apex I have already. I understand that it can be done. Just haven't sat down long enough to explore it further.
roc5288
HVRK Member
Tang

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 09:02:52 AM »

Yup, the overflow on mine was just big enough to jam in the plumbing and never work on it, lol.

I think you'll like the wp25. I've using a 40 on my 120 and really like it. Only thing to keep in mind is to keep the housing clean, if it gets blocked there's a noticeable drop in performance.
So far I like the 25. When I start to put coral in I think ill be able to comment further.
the 60 g overflow is drilled in the bottom pane. Unlike the 25g that is drill on rear wall. Also I hear that marineland is making the rimmed tank anymore. Just the rimless cube now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: