Hudson Valley Reef Keepers
May 29, 2017, 09:20:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our forums.

Home   Homepage Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Cultivated Reef
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bayer dips  (Read 2231 times)
Chessmanmark
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (+4)
Moray Eel

« on: February 17, 2014, 03:14:12 PM »

Just wanted to post this link as a resource.  I've never used this myself, but have been hearing about it for over a year or more.
http://www.reefdup.com/2012/09/02/bayer-coral-dip/

A great many threats face reef environments.  An informed marine aquarist can be part of the solution, not a contributor to the problem.
Previous build:
http://hvreef.org/yabb/index.php?topic=9806.0
sponge
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (+1)
Angelfish

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 03:49:44 PM »

I have some of this stuff in the shed. When I run out of dip ;I will try this. Won't be for a while though .
mr.msalty
Trade Count: (0)
Grouper

YOU DIRTY DOG

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 04:46:24 PM »

It's what I use, seems much easier on corals that revive.
Chessmanmark
HVRK Member
Moray Eel

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 09:01:24 PM »

I tried Bayer for the first time tonight.  I'll try to remember to report back after I see how the corals acclimate in my tank.  It's been a really long time since I've added anything new.

A great many threats face reef environments.  An informed marine aquarist can be part of the solution, not a contributor to the problem.
Previous build:
mets17127
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (0)
Angler

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 06:34:06 AM »

It's what I use now.  On all coral.  When you search it, there are people that wonder why anyone uses anything else, but the recommended doses and dip time are all over the place.
I personally use about 5ml in about a cup or more of water.  I don't have sps, but want to make sure I don't get astarinas or nudibranchs.  There was a barnacle on my new torch that lived through the dip but died later, so maybe my dose is too weak.
white trash
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (+9)
Grouper

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 08:36:02 AM »

I tried Bayer for the first time tonight.  I'll try to remember to report back after I see how the corals acclimate in my tank.  It's been a really long time since I've added anything new.

I'm interested to know how this works out for you. I've done this in the past on SPS, specifically when I was fighting red bugs. I had fairly good results, but it took multiple dips to kill the bugs, I don't believe it kills their eggs so a second dip (or third in my case) is needed, I believe the same is true for acro eating flat worms. If the frags had either you'd see them in the dip after. I had mixed results with my SPS and if they liked it or not.

How about some shots of the new frags, get anything sexy?  invisible
Chessmanmark
HVRK Member
Moray Eel

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 05:16:50 PM »

I fragged some of my sticks and traded for some other frags.  I got a couple of acans which is something I never kept before.  I also got a couple of SPS frags.  Nothing too sexy yet, we'll have to see if they show growth and color over time.  They look like they have potential.  The original pictures of the colonies look good.

If you want to add anything Matt you're always welcome to come frag what you like.  That pink chalice just keeps growing.  I lose just about every other chalice that I add, but that one is really hardy and colorful.

Previous build:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: