Hudson Valley Reef Keepers
October 22, 2017, 03:43:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our forums.

Home   Homepage Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Air, Water & Ice
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Re-Opening  (Read 1173 times)
Chessmanmark
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (+4)
Moray Eel

« on: October 17, 2016, 05:58:31 PM »

Randy and I went up to Absolute Corals yesterday for the Grand Re-Opening.  This store is a real asset to our area.  There was a nice selection of livestock at very good prices.  If you missed the event yesterday, be sure to swing by the new location.  You won't be disappointed. 

Also, be sure to congratulate Bobby on his new baby.  He couldn't have looked prouder.

A great many threats face reef environments.  An informed marine aquarist can be part of the solution, not a contributor to the problem.
Previous build:
http://hvreef.org/yabb/index.php?topic=9806.0
sponge
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (+1)
Angelfish

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 07:41:04 PM »

I said to Bobby when he first opened at the his first store , that I could see him needing a bigger store . I'm glad to see that come true ! I stopped by with my son. He chose the cow fish ; and I picked up a few frags and some frozen food .

It was nice to see the new store . I hope the best for him and his new store !

mets17127
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (0)
Angler

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 08:13:16 PM »

That cute little cow fish was tempting! I grabbed some $10 frags instead
white trash
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (+9)
Grouper

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 08:14:48 AM »

I stopped in as well, and picked up a grey/orange lobo, and a little scoly that looked to be on the road to recovery. I tried to target feed the scoly and my stupid peppermint shrimp keep stealing the food, mad me so angry, lol.

The new shop is nice, doesn't feel as compressed. Best of luck to him at the new place. Did anyone from the site win raffle items?
Chessmanmark
HVRK Member
Moray Eel

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 06:32:06 PM »

I stopped in as well, and picked up a grey/orange lobo,

I picked up a Lobo as well.  There were two when I was there.  I wonder if it's the same one.  This one has a little red in it, a little green and some grey.  My halides are very bright so it is hard to tell what it will look like under my lighting when it is under LEDs that are predominantly blue in the store.  It looked more green under the actinic lighting.

A great many threats face reef environments.  An informed marine aquarist can be part of the solution, not a contributor to the problem.
Previous build:
rhdoug
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (0)
Tang

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 09:36:27 PM »

Yes congrats to Bobby on the store and the new son! Both look great. The store is definitely less "compressed". I didn't buy anything, but did reserve his services for an impending aquascape adjustment. I haven't changed anything in over 10 or 12 years so it's time for a slight makeover to open up some space. And thanks for the frags, Mark.

--Randy

58 Gallon mixed reef set up in 1999, mostly LPS. Super Reef Octopus Skimmer, 250W MH/PC light.
sponge
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (+1)
Angelfish

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 07:37:48 AM »

Here's the Cow fish my son wanted .
Chessmanmark
HVRK Member
Moray Eel

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 07:27:07 PM »

Looks like an alien.  I think John had one.  They looks so funny the way they swim.

Previous build:
Chessmanmark
HVRK Member
Moray Eel

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 05:12:13 PM »

How did you make out with those pieces Matt? The Lobo that I picked up settled into my tank nicely and after a couple of weeks the colors look much nicer.  I think the piece was a little stressed from shipping and is much happier now in a stable environment.  It turned out better than I had expected.  I'm looking forward to picking up another piece at the store when he gets a new shipment and I have time to run up there.

He had a really nice Scoly that one of his employees bought right away.  It had a sold sign on it when I got there.  I'm hoping that he gets something similar.

I also bought a couple of fish when I was there as well.  I was concerned because there were a few casualties in some of the tanks.  I bought a Fairy Wrasse that hid under a rock and died two days later.  I also bought a very small Blue Tang.  It showed signs of ich the first couple of days but is still eating voraciously and for the time being I don't see any ich. 

Anyone been in the store lately?  I'd like to go back if the coral tanks are stocked.

Previous build:
white trash
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (+9)
Grouper

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 04:42:38 PM »

Everything I got is doing well, even after getting a little kalk paste on the scoly.

I haven't been back, but if I remember he gets coral shipments on Sunday mornings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: