Hudson Valley Reef Keepers
September 22, 2017, 08:33:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our forums.

Home   Homepage Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Air, Water & Ice
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Aiptasia X  (Read 491 times)
Chessmanmark
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (+4)
Moray Eel

« on: February 15, 2017, 05:47:25 PM »

I used Aiptasia X for the first time.  I had a good run keeping my tank aiptasia free for years until I added a zoa frag with it.  They started getting pretty unsightly in my tank.  I usually just use kalk past but it was hard getting at the ones near the bottom of the tank.  It's only been a few days but this stuff seems to work like a charm.  For now I can enjoy looking at beautiful corals without getting distracted by aiptasia.  Now I gotta get to work on the Xenia epidemic.

A great many threats face reef environments.  An informed marine aquarist can be part of the solution, not a contributor to the problem.
Previous build:
http://hvreef.org/yabb/index.php?topic=9806.0
sponge
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (+1)
Angelfish

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 07:13:05 AM »

I zapped away the Xenia I had growing on a Duncan , using Brians majano wand a few years ago . The Xenia I had over took many nice corals in my tank choking them out .They grew everywhere,on everything ;great growers . I've posted a few pictures of using another coral to do toxic warfare on a rock with Xenia .

I was fortunate to see aptasia on a frag I placed in my 30L , just after placing it in the tank . I pulled it and placed it back in a plastic bag . The following day I picked up three Peppermint shrimp , placed them in the bag with the frag . It was nice to see nature doing what it does . I'm glad the X did it's job !

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: