Hudson Valley Reef Keepers
October 17, 2017, 01:45:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our forums.

Home   Homepage Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Cultivated Reef
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Phtobucket  (Read 224 times)
Chessmanmark
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (+4)
Moray Eel

« on: August 11, 2017, 02:06:49 PM »

All the pictures that our members have uploaded to photobucket over the years may be obsolete now.  I see a message to go to photobucket.com/p500 and it asks you to upgrade your account.  When you click to upgrade they want to charge you $400 a year.  The only reason hobbyists were using photobucket to begin with was that it was free.  I haven't uploaded any pictures in a while because my digital camera no longer synchs with my computer.  I enjoy seeing pictures of people's tank and livestock.  There will be a lot of history lost on sites like this now.  

I just popped over to RC and some pictures are displayed while others have the same message.  It's weird because one of my pictures posted to photobucket shows up, however the majority don't.  Anybody know what's going on?  Is this permanent, a restructuring of the company, or are they being hacked?

After a quick google search I found this article-
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/08/photobucket_ransom_results_in_1.html
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 09:27:15 AM by Chessmanmark » Logged

A great many threats face reef environments.  An informed marine aquarist can be part of the solution, not a contributor to the problem.
Previous build:
http://hvreef.org/yabb/index.php?topic=9806.0
taz_12777
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (+1)
Trigger

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 11:31:53 PM »

I looked around the site a bit and it looks a little hit and miss on what is still up and what has the message about the up grade.

2013 President of HVRK
2012 President of HVRK
2011 President of HVRK
2009 Membership Director of HVRK
white trash
HVRK Member
Trade Count: (+9)
Grouper

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 07:17:33 AM »

Does imgur have the same ability? Not sure if you can mark things private there though. This is a niche that will be filled quickly if there isn't an alternative, it's too integral to internet usage these days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: